- Solid aluminum construction, made to withstand many years of laboratory use
- CNC machined inclined trough, engineered for a smooth and accurate test
- Extra care taken in the design to minimize a "bounce" at the ball-to-tape interface
- Simple loading
- Various size balls available
- Various material balls available
- PSTC and TLMI testing manuals and videos
- Height: 2.5" (6.5 cm)
- Width: 9" (23 cm)
- Depth: 2.5" (6.5 cm)
- Weight: 1 lbs (0.5 Kg)
Some of the more popular test methods that this device is capable of performing:
- PSTC: 6
- ASTM: D 3121
General Test Methods
- Clean the inclined trough and ball with n-heptane or methyl alcohol.
- Do not touch the trough or ball with fingers after cleaning.
- Cut a 15" long (380mm) by 2" wide (50mm) specimen for testing purposes.
- Arrange the test specimen at the end of the device, adhesive side up, in a straight line with the trough. The bottom of the device should hold downthe leading end of the specimen and a weight or other tape should hold the other end securely.
- Ensure the device is level and aligned with the trough axis.
- Use a lint free cloth to place the ball at the top of the inclined trough for testing.
- Press the spring lever and allow the ball to roll down the trough.
- Measure the distance between the end of the incline and the point where the ball stops.
Fast and economical, the Rolling Ball Tack tester provides an easy method of testing the tack of an adhesive. It quantifies the ability of an adhesive to quickly adhere to another surface. The Rolling Ball Tack tester meets the standards set by PSTC-6 and ASTM D3121 for tack testing a pressure sensitive adhesive.