- Rugged construction, capable of withstanding the abuse of the production environment
- Digital speed and distance control
- Automated test sequence
- Test Methods – D2979 or custom test methods
- D2979 test method speed is 24 ipm (10 mm/sec) with a 1 second dwell time
- Selectable speed range from 6 to 30 ipm (2 - 12 mm/sec) for custom test methods. Increment value is 1 ipm or 1 mm/sec.
- Selectable dwell time from 1 to 30 seconds (in increments of 1 second) for custom test methods
- 5 pound load cell is included with the machine (2 and 10 pound load cells are optional)
- Accurate to ± 0.1% of load cell range
- Capable of pulling up to 5 pounds (2.2 Kg)
- Operating temperature range 32° - 150° F (0° - 70° C)
- Capable of stand-alone operation with integrated touch display
- Data can be downloaded to EZ Data software for complete data management
- 5.7 inch touch screen display
- Universal input voltage from 85-265 VAC(50/60Hz)
Data Acquisition System
- The ChemInstruments electronic data acquisition system is a state-of-the-art microprocessor controlled force measurement package that combines accuracy with ease of use. This system simultaneously controls test motion, reads the force of a test from a load cell, digitally displays it and also stores that data in its memory.
- Samples at 2000Hz, 2 samples are collected, averaged and stored as a data point. A test will generate a data point every 1ms
- Displays a graph of all measured force values upon completion of a test
- Displays the high and low measured force results immediately upon completion of a test
- Export data by USB connection to a local PC with our EZ Data software
- Displays test values in grams, kilograms, ounces, pounds or Newtons
- EZ Data Compatible Remote setup, operational control and enhanced data collection are all possible when coupled with our EZ Data management software. This application requires an external PC. (See more information about the EZ-Data product)
- Calibration Service is available for this equipment. Contact us for more information.
- Load cell is easily removable for yearly calibration.
- EZ-Lab data management software
- Custom probes available (diameter and material)
- Custom annular rings available (mass and material)
- Additional load cell capacities available: 2 and 10 pounds
- PSTC and TLMI testing manuals
- Height: 18" (46 cm)
- Width: 13" (33 cm)
- Depth: 16" (41 cm)
- Weight: 25 lbs (12 Kg)
Some of the more popular test methods that this device is capable of performing:
- ASTM: D 2979
The Polyken™ Probe Tack from ChemInstruments makes it easy to measure the tack of pressure sensitive adhesives. A precision ground 5.0 mm diameter flat probe contacts the adhesive, reverses direction and pulls away from the adhesive. The maximum force required to break the adhesive bond is recorded and displayed. The Polyken™ Probe Tack adhesive testing machine meets the standards set forth in ASTM D2979. Machine speed is 24 ipm (61 cm/m), probe diameter is 5 mm and it has an annular ring which applies the standard pressure of 9.79 +/-0.10 kPa. An automatic test cycle produces a 1 second dwell time from the beginning of contact to the end of contact.