- Easy "half angle" determination
- Operator independent consistent measurements
- Dyne level readings from 10 to 70
- Simple finite liquid dispensing that employs delicate liquid placement (sessile drop)
- Bright, clear image on a large screen for display
- A remote light source keeps heat away from the sample
- Platform configurations for small samples, films, printed circuit boards (PCB), plastic ball grip array (PBGAs), round samples (spherical and tubular)
- Standard input voltage - 120 VAC (60 Hz)
What is Surface Energy?
- Surface energy is most evident in how a surface interacts with an applied liquid. Like color and texture, surface energy is a physical property. When paint is applied to a sheet of glass, it will typically "ball up" because it does not stick well to the surface. This is surface energy in action. Conversely, when liquid is applied to a different material and disperses, this is also surface energy.
Patented Measurement Method
- The CAM-Plus contact angle meter provides a patented method ("half angle") for quantifying surface energy relative to other measurements on other surfaces. This information makes it possible for accurate prediction of a surface reaction to coatings, eliminating costly trial-and-error methods. CAM-Plus is designed for test methods ASTM D20.19, D724, D5946 and TAPPI T458 cm-94.
- 6x or 12x optical kits
- Various micro stages (for samples up to 2" wide)
- Strip film stage
- PBGA 47 mm, 40 mm, and 30 mm sliding platform
- Static eliminator
- Tubular stage
- Radius stage
- Input voltage - 220 VAC (50 Hz)
Main Body Height:
- Height: 15" (38 cm)
- Width: 8" (20 cm)
- Depth: 18" (45 cm)
- Weight: 28 lbs (13 kg)
Light Source Height:
- Height: 5" (13 cm)
- Width: 7" (18 cm)
- Depth: 8" (20 cm)
- Weight: 12 lbs (5 kg)
Some of the more popular test methods that this device is capable of performing.
- ASTM: D 20.19, D 724, D 5946
- TAPPI: T458 cm-94"
This easy to use device quickly measures the contact angle of various substrates including papers, films and other thin materials. Simply place a droplet of water onto the sample and view it on the patented "Half-Angle" screen. Reliable surface energy measurement and a number of easy-to-use features make the ChemInstruments CAM-Plus Contact Angle Meter an ideal testing machine. The patented "Half Angle" measurement method eliminates the difficulties associated with tangent angle measurement methods. With simple, reliable and consistent functions, coating operations of all types can quickly determine surface energy measurements.